We charge for licensing applications on the basis of time spent dealing with the matter, at an hourly rate of between £210 and £350 + vat, depending on the complexity and urgency of the matter.
Between 7 and 9 hours meaning the cost will be between £1470 and £2520 + vat
Between 8 and 12 hours meaning the cost will be between £2800 and £4200 + vat
Obviously our fees can vary depending on the individual premises and where it is located. The fees can on occasion be higher than the ranges given above.
So if you would like a personalsed estimate then give us a call on 0800 84 94 101 (it’s free) or use the message form (on the right).
What do our fees include?
- Taking your instructions and advising you as to how you can promote the licensing objectives within your application
- Advising you as the type of plans you are required to submit with your application.
- Completing the application form for a new premises licence (including the operating schedule) in accordance with your instructions and submitting this to the local licensing authority alongside suitable plans. You must provide suitable plans.
- Providing guidance on the fee levels payable to the licensing authority.
- Preparing copies of the premises licence application for disclosure to the responsible authorities and serving copies of the application on the responsible authorities.
- Drafting the notices advertising the premises licence application and submitting the notice to the local newspaper.
- Arranging with you for you to display the notice(s) advertising the premises licence application and advising as to where and how this should be done by you in order to comply with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
- Providing a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) consent form for signature by a personal licence holder proposed by yourself.
- Checking the licence once granted and correcting any errors with the licensing authority.
What doesn't our fee include?
- Obtaining suitable plans
- Attending pre-consultation meetings with the Licensing Authority or Responsible Authorities, nor their fee for this meeting.
- Dealing with or advising you in relation to queries or representations received from either the responsible authorities or other interested parties
- Advising on varying the licence
- Attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee hearing of the responsible authority. If representations are received and attendance and representation at a licensing sub-committee is required then we will provide a separate fee estimate for this work which will be charged at an hourly rate as specified above
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the application fee. We will manage the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Application fee (payable to licensing authority) - dependant upon Rateable Value of Premises
- Advertising fee £225 - 450 + VAT
How long will my application take?
Matters usually take 3-8 weeks from receipt of full instructions from you. This is on the basis of the application being relatively straightforward and you being able to provide all the necessary documents promptly. If your matter is more complex, for example, if there is substantial opposition from interested parties, or if there is a delay in receiving the documents we need, it may take longer.