Jo has been at Mayo Wynne Baxter since 2012 and qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Jo is now a Partner as of April 2019.
She is based in the Lewes office and is the lead solicitor in the firm’s Leasehold Enfranchisement Team. She specialises in residential landlord and tenant matters and has particular expertise in dealing with:
- Lease extensions proceeding by agreement and under the LRHUDA 1993
- Sales and Purchases of Freehold title by agreement, collective enfranchisement and via s.5 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Acquisition Orders, Vesting Orders and assisting with missing Landlord issues including applying to the Tribunal or Court where necessary
- Purchases of freehold titles where you own a long lease of your property under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
- Lease Variations via s.35 and s.37 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Right to Manage matters
- Deeds of Variation, Deeds of Covenants and Licence to Alter matters
- Doubling Ground Rent Advice
- Advising Landlords, Tenants, Residents Associations, Head Tenants and Management Companies generally on issues arising out of leases
Jo has excellent professional relationships with a number of valuers in and around Sussex, London and various other areas of the country. She is listed in the LEASE (the Leasehold Advisory Service) practitioners directory and was instrumental in the firm becoming a member of ALEP (the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners).
Jo also works closely with the firm’s professional negligence specialists in assisting clients with potential claims against former solicitors who have failed to advise or given incorrect advise in relation to a lease, ground rent or other enfranchisement issues. She is also part of the wider Property Litigation team that focusses on resolving issues between Landlords and Tenants, Management Companies and other third parties in the most effective way possible.
Outside of work, Jo is a keen runner, enjoys gardening and going abroad whenever she gets the chance.
"Jo, did a excellent job with sorting out the Lease extensions and negotiating the payments and costs. really nice people to work with and wold thoroughly recommend. :)"
Kieran Connolly - June 2023
The communication is outstanding. The people are personable and when a key member of staff is away or unavailable there is always a well informed deputy to answer any questions. It is a pleasure dealing with you. Jo Ironside and Rachel Woodbridge deserve special mention.