Submitting A Document Request
We have a specialist team who can help with any requests for documents that are currently stored with Mayo Wynne Baxter.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can post your request to:
Mayo Wynne Baxter Documents
3 Bell Lane
When sending a request, including the following information will allow us to help you as quickly as possible:-
- Your full name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your date of birth
If you are requesting documents on behalf of someone else – their full name, address, and date of birth.
We will also need your ID from you. A list of IDs we can accept can be found here. ID can be emailed to us, or a photocopy can be posted.
If you have sent us all the information we need to process your request, we will try our best to send your documents to you within 15 working days. If we need any more information from you, we will let you know.
We are bound by rules of confidentiality to our clients, and so it is extremely important that we only release information to the correct person, once all our internal checks have been completed. We will therefore ask for some additional information:
- I need to find out whether someone wished to be buried or cremated
- I would like my documents sent to me
- I need to request documents for someone who has died
- I am an Attorney and I need to request documents for someone else
- I need to request documents for more than one person
- List of Acceptable ID
I need to find out whether someone wished to be buried or cremated
Please email us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to get back to you within 5 working days. It is usually much quicker than this, but before we can release information we may have to request documents from our storage facility.
I would like my documents sent to me:
- You will need to include your details and ID as set out here
I need to request documents for someone who has died
We are sorry that you are contacting us under such sad circumstances. Please accept our condolences to you and your family on your loss.
You will need to include your details and ID as set out here and also include the following documents:
- Death Certificate, or interim death certificate, for the person who has died – this can be scanned or posted to us.
- Each Executor will need to email us to agree to release the documents. Alternatively, they can write to us. You will also need to tell us where you would like the documents sent.
- We will need two forms of identification for all Executors named on the Will
If any of the Executors have died, you will need to send us a copy of their Death Certificate
We can send a copy of a Will to an Executor who provides us with a Death Certificate and two forms of ID.
If you want to find out whether we hold something for someone who has passed away but aren’t sure if you are an Executor, please start by sending us two forms of ID and a Death Certificate for the deceased and we will respond to you.
I am an Attorney and I need to request documents for someone else
If the person is able to understand why the document is needed and is able to request it from us, they will need to write to us or email us with the information here. If they would like the documents to be sent anywhere other than their home address they need to tell us where they would like the documents sent.
If the person needs help sending the information and ID to us, we will also need ID from their Attorneys.
If you do not think that the person is able to understand why the documents or needed and they cannot request the documents themselves we will need:
- A written request from all Attorneys named in the Power of Attorney requesting the documents.
- Two forms of identification for all Attorneys listed on the Power of Attorney.
- A doctor’s letter or capacity report showing that they cannot request the documents themselves.
If you are unable to supply us with a doctor’s letter or capacity report, you can send us other medical evidence which shows that they cannot request the document themselves. We will review it and let you know if we need anything else before releasing the documents to you.
I need to request documents for more than one person
You will need to include details and ID as set out here for each person.
For anything else
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help.