With first hand experience and knowledge of French and English legal and tax systems, Mayo Wynne Baxter’s French Property Team can provide helpful and effective advice.
We have fluent French speakers, some of whom also have a number of years' experience of living and working in France and of dealing with French property and related matters, property professionals and French Notaries and lawyers.
Our French property related services are flexible and can be tailored to meet your individual requirements. They include:
Property related for buyers and sellers:
- Instructing Estate Agents/reviewing and advising on mandates for sale
- Pre-purchase advice
- Comprehensive Written Reports on sale and purchase contracts
- Negotiating and amending sale and purchase contracts
- Reviewing and reporting on Transfers (acte de vente) (prepared by the Notaire)
- Arranging and witnessing powers of attorney (with or without the Apostille)
- French plus value tax (capital gains tax), appointing fiscal guarantors
- Registering charges on French property
- Advising in relation to property disputes
- Transfer of property following divorce or buying out co-owners
- Structuring a purchase
- Post purchase inheritance advice
- Advising in relation to marriage contracts, SCI’s and PACS
- Inheritance advice and Wills
- Tax advice (wealth tax, gift tax and inheritance tax) in the context of French resident and French non-resident UK nationals
- Administration of Estates with French assets
- Affidavits of English law (for Notaires)
- Affidavits of French Law (for UK Grant of Probate)
We also have a number of partners and contacts in France and the UK including English speaking French Accountants (with particular expertise in the self management of lease-back schemes and establishment of French registered businesses (including auto-entrepreneur)), Estate Agents, French-based avocats (for contentious matters) Mortgage Brokers and Foreign Exchange Brokers.
Contact Edward Coxall in the French Property Team today, to discuss further how to buy and sell property in France or to discuss our range of French property services.