Karim Mohamed is a Partner and Head of the Professional Negligence Group and has been with the firm since 2003. Karim advises on all aspects of claims against professionals (solicitors, surveyors, architects, accountants etc) and also on commercial litigation, contentious probate and dispute resolution.
Karim is nationally recognised as a specialist in negligence claims involving professionals, being listed in the Legal Experts directory (2013). He is also an Accredited Mediator.
Karim qualified as solicitor in 1988, worked at a city of London firm for ten years before joining Mayo Wynne Baxter. His clients include blue chip companies, senior executives and PLCs.
He is recognised as one of the country’s top professional negligence lawyers by leading independent guides to the profession:
- Chambers 2018 - Karim is described by a market commentator as "extremely personable, easy to work with and very outcome-focused." He acts on claimant matters against solicitors, architects and financial accountants.
- Chambers 2017 - Sources describe him as "a gentleman, very easy to deal with and very attentive."
- Legal 500 - Key figure Karim Mohamed is ‘a reassuring presence for clients’, ‘has formidable and tactical approaches to litigation’, and is ‘particularly good at financial services claims and claims against lawyers’.
- Chambers UK 2016 - "He's the sort of person who's firm and decisive when it comes to making decisions and giving advice. Things will come to you well prepared and well thought through."
- Legal 500 2016 - 'At Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP, practice head Karim Mohamed has ‘a quiet but steely manner, a very good legal mind and is a very experienced litigator’
- Legal 500 2015 - Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP is ‘one of the best firms for claimants’.
- Chambers UK 2015 - ‘Clients praise department head Karim Mohamed of Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP as "the master" when it comes to claimant advice. Referees laud his expertise, saying: "His knowledge and understanding of the negligence area of law is absolutely first-class."
- Other directories - Karim has also been cited as being 'highly recommended' in his area of practice and for being 'skilled and determined'.
At work, Karim is continuously focused on sharing and pursuing his adept knowledge of professional negligence with his team members and clients. Outside of work he devotes a lot of his time to charity work and enjoys playing golf.
Once again I would like to thank you for a job well done. You have provided an excellent service with a very acceptable end result.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your help and expertise on my claim. I felt you really surpassed yourself on Thursday’s mediation. Your expertise and tactics were absolutely brilliant and I can’t thank you enough. My faith in Solicitors has definitely been restored.