Karim Mohamed is a Partner and Head of the Professional Negligence Group and has been with the firm since 2003. Karim advises on all aspects of claims against professionals (solicitors, surveyors, architects, accountants etc) and also on commercial litigation, contentious probate and dispute resolution.
Karim is nationally recognised as a specialist in negligence claims involving professionals, being listed in the Legal Experts directory (2013). He is also an Accredited Mediator.
Karim qualified as solicitor in 1988, worked at a city of London firm for ten years before joining Mayo Wynne Baxter. His clients include blue chip companies, senior executives and PLCs.
He is recognised as one of the country’s top professional negligence lawyers by leading independent guides to the profession:
- Chambers 2018 - Karim is described by a market commentator as "extremely personable, easy to work with and very outcome-focused." He acts on claimant matters against solicitors, architects and financial accountants.
- Chambers 2017 - Sources describe him as "a gentleman, very easy to deal with and very attentive."
- Legal 500 - Key figure Karim Mohamed is ‘a reassuring presence for clients’, ‘has formidable and tactical approaches to litigation’, and is ‘particularly good at financial services claims and claims against lawyers’.
- Chambers UK 2016 - "He's the sort of person who's firm and decisive when it comes to making decisions and giving advice. Things will come to you well prepared and well thought through."
- Legal 500 2016 - 'At Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP, practice head Karim Mohamed has ‘a quiet but steely manner, a very good legal mind and is a very experienced litigator’
- Legal 500 2015 - Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP is ‘one of the best firms for claimants’.
- Chambers UK 2015 - ‘Clients praise department head Karim Mohamed of Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP as "the master" when it comes to claimant advice. Referees laud his expertise, saying: "His knowledge and understanding of the negligence area of law is absolutely first-class."
- Other directories - Karim has also been cited as being 'highly recommended' in his area of practice and for being 'skilled and determined'.
At work, Karim is continuously focused on sharing and pursuing his adept knowledge of professional negligence with his team members and clients. Outside of work he devotes a lot of his time to charity work and enjoys playing golf.
Perhaps I may also take this opportunity to place on record the high regard I have for Karim Mohamed and the way he managed the case. He was ably supported by a succession of worthy and capable assistants, as the case progressed, but at no time did he allow the change of personnel to upset the timetable or impact upon what needed to be done. The core issues in this case were not without complication (as some 75,000 pages of evidence attest:) but Karim’s quiet and unflappable approach to the challenge was a genuine source of comfort and helped bolster confidence that there would ultimately be an acceptable outcome; working with him has been a real pleasure. With apologies for stating the obvious but I hope that need to pursue litigation in the future will not arise but if it does your firm will be the first port of call.
I just wanted to say thank you for your helpful advice, relating to our proposed house-purchase and the poor behaviour of the vendor's estate agent. I really do appreciate you taking the time to call and give me advice, and for being so helpful.
Dr Sam Type, Director, Geek Ltd, Lewes