We can help resolve disputes over Wills and inheritance
Our solicitors always remember that contested probate cases are sensitive, particularly when family members are in dispute. We will advise thoroughly and in plain English about the cost and the alternatives to litigation, such as mediation, which may enable disputes to be settled more cheaply and privately than through the courts.
Our contentious probate solicitors can help in many circumstances, including the following:
- A close family member of the deceased, or someone else who was financially dependent on the deceased, has not been adequately provided for in a Will
- There was no Will and the intestacy rules fail to provide for a close relative or a dependent
- Someone was promised an inheritance, which hasn’t transpired but there may still be a claim if this promise was relied on
- The Will may be invalid because of errors made by a solicitor, or problems with a Will that was made without a solicitor
- The Will may be a fraud
- There are concerns about executors or trustees who may need to be replaced
- A claim is being brought against you in relation to your administration of an estate and you need help defending it.
- After contributing to the improvement of a property, which has been inherited by someone else, you want to claim an interest in the value of the improvement
- There are concerns about how powers of attorney are being used
Our experienced contentious probate solicitors resolve disputes as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. Court proceedings are only used as a last resort and at all times clients are guided through every step of the legal process.