Wills, Trusts & Estates Disputes
Our team will help resolve your probate and will disputes
Disputes over the validity of wills and trusts can occur. Although making a will is the best way to ensure that your money, property and personal belongings are distributed as you wish after your death, there are many things that can go wrong.
The Contentious Probate team at Mayo Wynne Baxter is experienced in a wide range of sensitive cases, including will disputes, probate disputes, and inheritance disputes. The team advises clients on disputes where wills are not properly prepared or administered or where those who should receive proper provision do not. The law relating to such cases, and the way in which they are handled, is complex and expert knowledge is required.
At Mayo Wynne Baxter we always remember that Contested Probate cases are particularly sensitive, particularly when family members are in dispute. We will advise thoroughly and in plain English about the cost and the alternatives to litigation, such as mediation, which may enable disputes to be settled more cheaply and privately than through the courts.
We act on behalf of executors, administrators, beneficiaries and dependants, and deal with all aspects of Contentious Probate (also known as Contested Probate), including:
• Challenges to the validity of a will
• Inheritance Act claims - some family (or ex family) members and dependants have the right to apply for a share, or a greater share, of the estate if a will (or the law that applies where there was no will) does not make reasonable financial provision for them.
• Challenges to the appointment of executors
• Obtaining information and accounts from executors and administrators
• Disputes over the way in which the will, or a trust set up by it, is being administered
• Claims about the negligent drafting of wills
You can benefit from our superior Contentious Probate experience
We pride ourselves on being one of the leaders in Contentious Probate law in the South East, and our unrivalled advice and approach enables us to provide effective resolutions for our clients.
Over the years our service has evolved to match your legal requirements and objectives, so if you are in a situation where you are disputing a will or a probate, we will work with you to reach a suitable and cost effective outcome.
Contact Barry Davis today to arrange an appointment for expert advice.